Sunday, May 31, 2020

Home-based: What is Value (Cross-hatch)




Value is the range of tone from dark to light or light to dark. It follows a concept of Less or More. 
For example, the circles on the left diagram: Less and Larger circles = light tone VS. More and Smaller circles = dark tone. 
Likewise on the right, Less lines = light tone VS More lines = dark tone. For lines like hatching or cross-hatching, the gaps between two lines plays a role in the dark and light tone as well. 

For me, I go about it in two ways. 

Option 1: like the body of the Capsium where there are many tones, I like to start with the darkest part. This was, as I add a tone to the image, the darkest section will only grow darker. 
Scroll down to the stem for the opposite apporoach. 



For the stem, I identified that there are three tones, so I started with the lightest which is also the largest segment. And slowly grows darker with a smaller segment. 

end












No comments:

Post a Comment